Saddlesores and Bonespurs

Thursday, January 11, 2007

The holiday season has come and gone but I did squeeze in one day off last month. A lack of any early precipitation and a twenty year yearning to go where we were not supposed to be... It would be too easy, poaching, if we didn't roll from home. Under the glory of a December full moon and a 4:30 ride time Derek and I launched our epic adventure.
Sunrise, just after our hour of brutal hike a bike. Derek, who has "ridden these trail's a million times", knew a short cut.
From the back side of Sugarloaf as the soft pink glow of sunrise shines on our goal. It has only just begun..
Thinking that it is December, midweek, no one would see this. There is one car parked at the trailhead and I am following fresh tracks. Shit. We do see 2 sets of hikers and have no issues.
11,502'. Big Bear is behind the second ridge. With our climb over Sugarloaf, vertical gain was 9000'+, ride time around 11 hours. When I snowboard this so cal wonder, I think its safe to say I can be the only one to complete the trifecta. Ski, peddle, and board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home